what questions to ask a builder
What Frequently Asked Questions To Ask A Builder
New home designs in Auckland usually around 7-9 months, however, each construction project has a different timeline due to design complexity and size. Get in touch with us to discuss your unique project and we can talk about an estimated timeline.
In New Zealand, there are laws you need to follow when you are building a new home like meeting building code requirements and having a licensed building practitioner (LBP) sign off their building work. To get the final Code of Compliance it is necessary to pass various inspections at different stages of the construction process. Unless you have an owner-builder exemption, it is necessary to have a licensed home builder complete your build project.
It is possible to design your own home. However, for the working plan set, you will need someone who is familiar with the Building Act and building code requirements. Usually, the design is supervised by a building practitioner to ensure the structure and weather tightness are satisfactory.
At Roberts Residential we can assist with finding a suitable architect or draughtsman that suits the style you are looking for.
- For a modern home, indoor/outdoor flow is important to think about when you are in the design stages
- Think about what way your house is facing and design it to allow lots of sunlight
- Lighting is an important part of your new home’s ambiance. Make sure to wire for outdoor lighting and feature lighting. Even if you can’t afford the lights immediately, it is best to have the wires there for the future.
- Make sure you use quality materials to build your home. From framing and cladding to electrical wire and plumbing. These are things that are hard to change in the future.
- Upspec where you can afford to, this will add value and quality to your home that you will not regret.
- Think about your living habits and build your new home around that
A good place to start is to decide on what sort of style you like, number of bedrooms, plus any features which may be important to you, from there we can link you up with an architect to further your plan with you to a point where we can provide pricing or an estimate before submitting to council for building consent.
We are a close knit, motivated team with years of experience and a huge list of happy clients willing to provide references of our capabilities.
Yes we provide the certified builders halo guarantee.
Typically our process is secure us with a deposit and a start date in mind, every job is run or at the very minimum overseen by Chris every 3 days until completion.
All changes are welcomed as we are building the project for you and your needs are our priority.